Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Itchy scalp?

Lately the back of my scalp along the hairline has been driving me crazy, itching like there is no tomorrow. So I went online to do some research regarding essential oils and I came up with something that has worked for me.

Itchy scalp remedy:

Placed in a 2 oz. glass bottle (I used an old essential oil bottle) with a spray attachment -found here.

8 drops of lavender
8 drops of eucalyptus
8 drops of melaleuca
8 drops of rosemary
8 drops of lemongrass
Add witch hazel until the top. Put spray attachment on and shake to mix.

Every time I start to itch I just spray and rub a little and the itch goes away.

UPDATE: Went to the doctor's yesterday to find out why my scalp was itching. She told me that since I have sensitive skin, I needed to stop using Dawn dishwashing soap to clean my hair it was irritating my skin. The doctor wrote a prescription for a cortisone cream and told me to keep using the above essential oil spray to help with the itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...