Thursday, September 4, 2014

EASY - Freezer Chia Strawberry Jam

Did you know if you use chia seeds in place of pectin it will gel your jam the same way and be healthier to boot? Well that is what I have done the past 2 years. I also like freezer jam because then I don't need to sterilize my jars (don't get me wrong, all my jars are clean) in a vast pot.


Ingredients:

2 pounds of strawberry
1/4 to 1/2 cup of agave nectar (depending on sweetness)
1/4 cup of whole chia seeds



I clean and cut the heads off the strawberries and throw everything into my Vita Mix. Whirl on high for about 30 seconds to 1 minutes until thoroughly mixed. 


Then I pour into my containers and put the lids on and place in the freezer. This batch made 5 pint freezer jars.

I add this jam onto my sweet potato waffles on top of Cool Whip. Yum! I also add it to my homemade coconut milk yogurt. Refreshing. This would also be good on vanilla ice cream or made into a strawberry shortcake then add some fresh diced strawberries on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...