Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sunday Goodwilling in Kitsap County

I started Sunday morning weeding outside until it got to hot, so I came inside. Then I looked around at the house work that needed to be done, went directly to the phone and called Laura to see if she wanted to do anything. She said sure - we headed to the Farmer's Market on 66th in Tacoma to check it out. I didn't buy anything - so we headed for McDonald's for our usual iced coffees and since we were in the neighborhood of Value Village thought we would check to see if they had anything worth while. Of course they did.
I bought fluorescent orange file folders for $2.99 - great for my lapbooks at school.
Scrapbook paper and foam paper $2.99.
5 Archie comic books @ $.29 each.

After Value Village we decided to check out the Goodwill's across the bridge. We hadn't ventured over there yet. We forgo-ed the Gig Harbor Goodwill - too expensive for a thrift store. Our first stop was Port Orchard.
I bought another plastic tub $3.99.
4 glass drink stirrers $1.99 (going to put them in plants for garden art)
A desk top gadget $1.00 re. $1.99.

Within this shopping mall is an Ace Hardware store and an antique mall called New 2 You. I searched through the aisles for items I truly thought I couldn't live without and lo and behold a skateboard for $7.99 and 20% off - I bought it for Kenz's 8th birthday - she has been clamoring for one. 


It's a short board but I think it will work for her first one and last (wishful thinking). I also bought a frog toothbrush holder because he had a whimsical face.

Onward to Bremerton. It was a beautiful day for a drive and of course getting lost. Luckily I have GPS on my phone - it did help.
I bought a jar for $.99
A butter saucepan for $.99
Also an orange strainer for $1.99.
All of the above items will be attached to the wind chime I'm planning to make.
Also I bought a kid's coat for $3.00 reg. $5.99
A kid's jacket for $1.50 reg. $2.99

A blue xmas dress $2.00 reg. $3.99
Black xmas dress $1.00 reg. $1.99

Next stop was Silverdale. This store is off the beaten track by Costco - if I hadn't had the GPS system we would never have been able to find it. It was another large store and prices were great.
 I bought a 3 drawer plastic bin $ 3.99.

 A coat rack for $2.99

2 pairs of capri's for $3.00 each reg. $5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...