Thursday, May 22, 2014

Organizing water bottles

Have you ever looked into your cupboard and realized - oh, my gosh, how did it become so crowded with water bottles. I have children Camelbaks, thermal travel bottles, Starbuck water containers, bottles with water filters, etc., etc., etc. Well a few days ago, I was reaching for a mug and had a hard time moving things around to actually find the one I wanted and thought to myself something has to be done about this mess. But, I wanted the bottles close so I wouldn't forget I had them. 


I had seen an idea on Pinterest and thought wow, if I could find a over the door shoe organizer, I might be able to have all of my water containers out of my cupboard but be aware that I had them within reach if I needed any of them. A couple of weeks ago at the Goodwill, POOF - there was a brand new over the door shoe organizer for only $5.99. Of course, I grabbed it and held it close. 


I brought it home and hung it on the bathroom door downstairs close to the kitchen. 


Then I took all of the water bottles out of the cupboard and placed them inside the little pockets. 


Wow - does it clean up the cupboard. 

What do you think? Looks much nicer. Yes, I have a thing for Disney.

**Update - Make sure you can close the door before you start placing the water bottles in the shoe organizer. Our house is old and the shoe organizer was a great place to put the mugs, but then the door wouldn't close - what do you do. Well I have a storage shelving unit in my downstairs tub (we don't use it) and store extra food, it was the perfect space to put the unused water bottles. See for yourself below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...