Saturday, October 25, 2014

Crunch Time - Deadlines - YIKES



The past week I have been under a deadline in so many different ways. 

First - I had to get all my consignment items priced and hanged up. Next, I placed all items in tubs to tote them to the Puyallup Fairgrounds on October 14th. I had almost 400 items that I delivered for the sale. It came to 17 tubs of clothes, shoes, books and a few miscellaneous stuff (remember all those Christmas dresses and winter coats I bought throughout the year). I made about $560.00, I donated 92 items and brought home 160 items for next year.

Second - I had to exercise 20 minutes, drink 100 oz. of water, work on my good habit (decluttering) and my bad habit (not watch tv until 8:00 pm) every day. The Game On Diet is now in the last week - end is in sight. But I probably won't quit - it seems I eat much better on this way of eating - it's just getting everything done within the time frame.

Third - I kicked out 5 IEP (Individualized Education Program) for the special education English students that I am subbing at the high school in the next week. No word yet on how long I will be here at the high school (isn't this weird they have to hire subs to take over my IAES/tutoring job - while I am subbing at the high school - go figure).

Fourth - I am finally all caught up at the high school. Clean up class work into file folders. I am trying to come up with a solution for mixing work. Continue to create lesson plans and move towards classroom management strategies. 

Fifth – Decluttering is harder than it looks – I took a carload to Value Village today – they gave me a $3 coupon after spending $10 or more just for donating.

Sixth – Erika and I went couch shopping today and I bought a couch, + 5 year protection plan, + delivery, + taxes. It came to a little more than I wanted to spend, but I need the couch yesterday and it will work (keeping my fingers crossed). Now all we need to do is clean and purge and rearrange by next week when delivery is scheduled.


So that wraps up my last 2 weeks in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...