Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cement Form Plant Holder

A couple of years ago, I bought a plant holder from Value Village that was made from a cement form. These forms are made from sturdy cardboard and they can be cut into a variety of sizes with a hack saw. 

So this was the year I was going to create some new plant holders for plants in my classroom. I started off with a rrrreally tall form and then cut it into 2 pieces using a hack saw.


 Next I decided what colors I was going to spray paint each one. One planter was going to be yellow and the other I decided was going to be orange. Then I painted one with a base coat of white and it sorta covered the writing.

The other one I painted black and I thought this one would have a really nice coverage. 

Boy was I wrong. The one painted black had to have many coats to finally reach the coverage I was satisfied with. 

I actually went out and bought different spray paint that would cover twice as much: Rustoleum did the trick. I am much happier with the coverage using this brand of paint. 
                                 
 Don't you think these turned out a nice color. See below for the final results.



 Final results in the classroom.

The duck planter has a purple daisy in it (not sure it will last inside). The blue metal shelving and the bird house on the wall were all Goodwill finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...