Thursday, July 3, 2014

Space in refrigerator for a casserole

Living in the area I do in the Pacific Northwest gets extremely crazy on the 4th of July. Cars start lining the streets early in the morning for miles and then people walk down to the waterfront to enjoy the vendors and to find a place to eat and wait for the fireworks. This year I didn't invite any friends to come to the 4th - just chilling with my grandkids and my Goodwill friend, L. The grandkids will be coming early in the morning and L will show up around dinner time. What to feed people for a 4th of July dinner? I decided my 7 layer taco dip would be a good bet - it could be used with chips or a taco salad or in a tortillas. So we headed to Fred Meyer today since they had coupons of some of the items I needed.

My daughter, E and I piled four kids into the car (my 3 grandkids and C). E and I put the twins on our backs and C in the cart and Kenz walked. By the time we left we had a cart load of food, hopefully this food will last longer than the weekend. E and I crammed everything into the refrigerator when we got home.

This evening I had a shocking revelation - oh, no where are we going to put the 7 layer taco dip? There literally is no space any where on the shelves. Tomorrow I am going to need to totally rearrange my refrigerator to put a 13 x 9 casserole dish on one of the over stuffed shelves. What do you think? Do you think there is going to be enough room after I rearrange? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...