Sunday, July 6, 2014

Kale and fruit smoothie

I made another smoothie again this morning and of course I added all the healthy stuff I need that will keep me young and healthy. I added kale, fresh strawberries, pineapple, plums, grapes, blueberries, a handful of pumpkin seeds, a Tablespoon of chia seeds. All of this went into my Nutri-bullet and I added 1 Tablespoon of grass fed gelatin along with coconut water up to the Max line. 

One thing that I have found the hard way that fruit going into the Nutri-bullet has to be thawed out. So my suggestion is if you are going to use a Nutri-bullet to warm or unthaw your fruit in the microwave before you add to the machine - it will make your life much easier.

Why I add what I do to my smoothie:

Pumpkin seeds - provide magnesium and zinc plus plant based omega 3's. It also provides healthy fats, antioxidants and fibers

Chia seeds -  Two tablespoons of Chia seeds also have a respectable amount of antioxidants, fiber (7 grams), protein (4 grams) and calcium (205 milligrams)  source
 
Grass fed gelatine - It contains 18 amino acids and is beneficial for your skin, digestive system, improving nails and hair. It also can help inflammation of the joints. source

Coconut water- helps with digestion, hydration, reduces high blood pressure, contains 5 essential electrolytes: calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium

Fruit -Blueberries, plums and grapes are great for antioxidants, strawberries are rich in essential nutrients vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and fiber, pineapple is a diuretic and contains vitamin C, folic acid, calcium and  vitamin A.

Kale - is high in iron, vitamin K, filled with powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and support cardiovascular source











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...