Friday, July 11, 2014

Garage clean up review

I can cross off #4 - clean and organize garage because this week began with me organizing my work area in my garage.  My 2 car garage has another work area behind where the cars are parked. I  haven't been able to even walk behind the counter to get into this work space for a couple of years. So when I began cleaning and organizing the space I now have a nice counter space to lay out my items from the Goodwill and take better pictures. I also saw on Pinterest on how to make a backdrop or layout area out of a piece of plywood (pictures later).

Here is the progression of the garage disaster in 2013. This is a picture of when I brought half my classroom home.


 August 1, 2013
August 1, 2013

June 22, 2014

 June 22, 2014

  June 22, 2014

  June 22, 2014

 June 22, 2014

 June 26, 2014

 June 26, 2014

June 26, 2014

On Thursday, I once again started to tackle the little drawers that are along one side of my garage that holds a little of this and a little of that. Now each drawer holds all of the same items together, this will help me find what I am looking for much faster than before. I also reorganized shelving and got rid of a pile of stuff for the Goodwill and filled 2 garage cans full of debris (one of the cans was my neighbor's - he won't mind). 

I haven't put a car in yet - I don't want to be disappointed if one of them doesn't fit. But I guess I will eventually need to put one or both in to see how I can readjust the items that are blocking the cars from going in.

What do you think? I think what a great improvement. Keep your fingers crossed - for me to get one or both cars into the garage and then I can cross #5 off of my summer list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...