Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This year our household decided to combine Mother's Day with Father's Day - too much going on within our family. So along came June 15th and our family joined together for a joint celebration. We had a lovely dinner brought by my sister. She brought bratwurst and raw sauerkraut, salad greens, green beans and baked beans, my dad's favorite.

After dinner all the mother's and father's opened their gifts. My surprise was when my girls gave me a KitchenAid ice cream maker. Wow - now I can make homemade healthy frozen yogurt and ice cream.   

I can't wait till I break it out of the box and try new recipes. Stay tuned to see what I concoct whether it becomes an experiment or a superb dessert that gets a thumbs up and a place with my recipes.

Dessert came after gifts and of course my sister made my dad's favorite - Angel food cake with homemade caramel (from canned sweet condensed milk) and covered with homemade whipping cream. Yum!


Don't you agree it looks scrumptious. It is. Recipe to follow soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...