Saturday, May 24, 2014

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken


I use Zaycon (https://zayconfoods.com/refer/zf2037 - referral code). Zaycon chicken is skinless and boneless breasts and comes in a 40 pound case. You pre-order your chicken and then pick it up at a location of your choice.

 Before I place my chicken in Ziploc containers I cut the fat off, so it’s easy for me to thaw out individual chicken breast. 

 Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts thawed or frozen
(I doubled the original recipe – this recipe is great for barbequing in the summer)
1 cup catsup
½ cup soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
½ cup water (wine was in the original recipe)
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 TBSP honey or sugar
3 large garlics minced

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your crock pot.


Add all other ingredients together and place over chicken.
I cook mine for 4 hours on low, but my crock pot seems to cook things extremely fast.  (All my crock pots have been the same). So I would check to see what the actual temperature of your specific crock pot cooks at.



After the chicken is done I dice up and I placed them back into the sauce in the crock pot to add some more flavor.


Then I placed ¾ to 1 cup in individual baggies and freeze. 


Of course you have to wait until these cool down before placing in the freezer, so I put them in the cupboard away from little paws (2 kitties). Once they are cooled down I will place in the freezer until I need them.
When I take a salad to work I grab one of the baggies out of the freezer. These are great for me to take to work and warm up slightly in the microwave to take the chill off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...