Thursday, December 26, 2013

Goodwill Finds



I seem to have a pension for the Goodwill on Sundays or Mondays.  On Sundays and Mondays in Tacoma Goodwill branch, they have a certain color tags are $1.29 and other tags are 50% off. Seattle branch has 50% on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then Monday is $1.29. Seattle and Tacoma Goodwill shopping happens for me on Sundays, since I work during the week.

So I have decided to start a weekly write up of all the special buys I find at my Goodwill shopping and the money I save. The first will begin now – my finds on 12.23.13.

My first stop was 6th Avenue in Tacoma,WA – I found a snowsuit size 24 months (for one of the twins) for $1.29.

Next stop was the 38th Street Goodwill in Tacoma, WA. I found a 3-tiered metal bookcase (either for school or home - $2.99), a metal spice rack (maybe to plant something in outside – later update - $ 1.99), 2 books (birthdays coming up - $1.29 each), 3 – 24 month jackets (for the twins- $ 1.29 each), 2 – 2T sleepers ($1.29 each), 1 party dress (consignment shop- $1.29), 2 bunches of hangers ($.50 each), 1 Melissa & Doug hangman game ($1.29) and 1 waffle maker ($3.99). It came to a total of
$ 24.54 but I rounded it up to $25.00 to help provide training for people to get back to work. I saved 26.76 by shopping the $1.29 sale. Whoo Hoo!


Here is the Tacoma December Calendar 2013 for colored tags are on sale for the Goodwill. Seattle January Goodwill Sales 2014. I will update when the Goodwill updates their site. Also I will be placing a Washington Goodwill site map on my blog for faster Goodwill locations.


Actually I have been thinking of doing all my shopping at the Goodwill and bargain shopping at Target (using manufacture and Target coupons), also by using Swagbucks and getting Amazon free gift cards I can buy school curriculum and the twins diapers free. Then I will write about my savings weekly. The only thing that I won’t buy is food (personal and pet – and then I will use coupons here as well). Will you be joining me on my year adventure?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...