Tuesday, December 31, 2013

DIY Dishwashing Tablets



DIY Tablet Dishwashing Soap


Currently I am using a combination of Finish tablets that I got for a really good price like 5 years ago and homemade powdered dishwashing soap.  I want to try homemade tablet dishwashing soap before I run out of the Finish, so I thought today would be a great time to try it out. I found this recipe on onehundreddollarsamonth web site. I had all the ingredients and so I said what the heck, today is the day.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Epsom Salt
3/4 Cup Lemon Juice

Mix the first three and get all the lumps out before adding the lemon juice. When adding the lemon juice I noticed it starting to fizz but this a normal reaction to the other ingredients.

I bought square silicone ice cube trays at Ikea for $1.00 and thought this would be suitable for this project. 

I used a small Pampered Chef scooper that is around 1 TBSP size and scooped out the solution and placed in the ice cube trays. It made 36 squares. 

Smash down the ingredients so they are sort of uniformed and let dry for a couple of hours. This way when you pop them out of the ice cube trays hopefully they won’t crumble. Place one in the tray of your dishwasher.


Don't forget to store in an air tight container. 


I have tried washing dishes with this twice now and love it. Also it is economical. 

Thanks, onehundreddollarsamonth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...