Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fresh Smelling Towels


Lately my towels have smelled sour and disgusting. I didn’t want to throw them out and start over; I probably would have the same problem again eventually. So I cruised the internet looking for a solution. I found the ideal answer on Pinterest. I tried it and it works like a charm. Now I have nice smelling towels without having to buy new ones.

Here is the recipe that I used with my front loading HE machine:

*Throw dirty towels into washer

*Fill the soap dish with 1 cup white vinegar

*Wash on hottest setting (I put mine on speedy wash for 20 minutes).


After this cycle I sprinkled a cup of baking soda on top of my wet towels and ran it again on the speedy wash cycle.

I then placed clean towels into the dryer and dried them very well. They came out smelling fresh and clean.



UPDATE:  After playing around with this recipe, I have come to the conclusion that it makes sense to put in soap in the soap area and in the fabric softener goes the white vinegar. After the first wash, if you need to add the ½ cup of baking soda you can add this to your towels within the washer. Make sure you dry your towels extremely well and this solution works well every time. No more musty smelling towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...