Thursday, October 9, 2014

Some of the rules for the Game On Diet!

One of the rules for the Game On Diet is to make a new habit. My habit is to declutter. I have things I have kept around for quite awhile. Like my clothes - last summer I decided to finally go through my clothes and get rid of things I didn't fit into or I would never ever wear again. Some of the clothes were too good to get rid of totally so I am going to put them on eBay (hasn't happened yet - of course it's one more thing to do). I figure I can make some money to put towards my couch I need to get. Another thing I had to do was clean out the playroom book shelves (L helped by pulling the last 2 shelves of books off the shelves). So I am going through these books to see if I can make any money off of them through Amazon or if not giving them either to the Goodwill or Value Village. 
Also I feel that if I give items to friends or family is another great way for me to declutter. I have had this purple hairy bed rest for eons (it was my daughters). My friend who teaches second grade is taking it for her classroom. YEAH! - one less thing to trip over. She is also taking some lap desks that I had at school that we have not used in forever. 

I cleaned up another bookcase and gave back all the hardback books that my oldest daughter Nicole had given me (hopefully she can sell them at the consignment shop). My parents are getting all of my vitamins that I never remember to take (since they take the same brand - I thought it would help with the cost).

Messy bookcase.

Clean and organized bookcase.

Second rule of the Game On Diet is to give up a bad habit. My bad habit is sitting down to watch TV and then never getting anything done. So I decided I could not watch TV until after 8. Sometimes this is easier to do on any given day, since I have so much decluttering and blogging and schoolwork to accomplish to fulfill my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...