Thursday, June 26, 2014

Jini's summer plans for 2014


My Summer vacation for me started after school on Friday the 13th and I have some plans I want to begin. Maybe redo my upstairs bathroom, retouch paint scratches and repatch ripped wallboard (Mittens of many toes has figured out how to open the pocket door by inserting one of her many paws into the wall and pulling - see below),

clean and declutter. Look for another dresser for the twins bedroom and repaint if needed. Declutter, reorganize and get rid of stuff In Garage. Clean and weed backyard among many other things.


My goal is to make a list of all the little things that need to be accomplished in my summer vacation. UPDATE: I started making the list and I have hit the number 26 so far with the items I want to do this summer. As you can see it is more general - I decided to keep it like this and hopefully I will have a form of accomplishment when I cross something off. I already cleaned Kenz's room and organized it - but of course I can't cross it off the list because I did it before I had created the list.
What I wasn't planning in my vacation was to get sick- the flu perhaps - things coming out of both ends and Father's Day was right dab in the middle. Survived Fathers Day and came home and slept a little on Sunday, than the plague hit me strong the wee hours of Monday. I was up every 2 hours for 1 hour in the bathroom - thank goodness I didn't have the kids- life would have been cruel. At the time of this writing (June 16th) was happening in the evening of doom's day and I have kept down Top Ramen noodles. So there is a light at the tunnel.



But of course I had to change my plans for today- I was going to check out the Habitat for Humanity store and see if I can buy some of the items I am looking for at a more reasonable price. Also I was planning to visit the Goodwill store up north today because on Mondays they have $1.29 tags and this would help stretch my budget a little bit better. But no can do since I spent the day either in the bathroom or sleeping. So hopefully there will be another day I will get the chance to visit both stores.



Now it is Saturday, June 21st and I am much better, but E is stricken with the crud and she has to get back on her feet because she is a bridesmaids for two weddings; one in July and one in September. E has a multitude of things to do before the big days, plus she babysits during the week. So she really needs to get back on her feet fast.



For me I am hoping to start cleaning the garage tomorrow even though the temperature in the Pacific Northwest is supposed to reach up in the mid 80s, I figure the garage will be a good start especially if I find some great finds to re-purpose and repaint I will need the space to do it in. The garage is a dumping ground for all those things I cant find a place in the house. Last year I had to move half my classroom home and the other half was moved by the district (the school was closed and only my program was being kept open and we were being moved to who knew at that time but YIKES. By the time I had everything personal home my garage looked like I was a hoarder. If you look below you will probably agree with the hoarder part.

Some went to my new placement, some went to the Goodwill, some went to the consignment shop and the rest is still there. Then last summer one of our new neighbors decided to get rid of their dining room table and 4 chairs and they made it to our garage (see below) which we housed until I moved them inside to wait for E to eventually move out (but who knows with this economy).

It has gotten better but I still cant get both cars in, so that is my goal for this summer. I will keep you informed how the process is moving along. Come along for a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...