Sunday, September 15, 2013

Banana Cake and Thunderstorms!

What do you do when thunderstorms present themselves? Today in Western Washington, during the intermixed thunderstorms, I decided to bake, since I had 3 very, very ripe bananas. I made Roundabout Banana Cake (Better Homes and Gardens Kids' Snacks, 1985) . This is a recipe to use ripe bananas - it's almost a bread but made in a round jello mold. Here's the recipe and I just threw everything into the mixer bowl (I rarely separate like the directions say):

1-1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (which I don't add)
1/4 tsp baking soda

2 beaten eggs
2 medium bananas, mashed (I cut them up)
1/3 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla (I used a capful)

3-4 handfuls of chocolate chips
 
Like I said above, I just threw everything in except the chocolate chips and turned on my mixer to blend, while still on I added the chocolate chips. I let it sit a bit while I sprayed the jello mold. Turned on the oven to 350.  Put the mix into the mold and placed in the oven for 35 minutes (normally mine takes about 55 minutes to bake - depending on your oven.) I periodically check it after the initial 35 minutes and then 5-10 minutes after until golden brown or a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool before cutting. This freezes well also, if you have any left.

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...